Ok, so as I look at my window at the 6 inches of snow, it is obviously not spring yet. It can’t come fast enough if you ask me. You don’t, however, have to wait for spring to start setting up for a successful summer internship.
If you have a spring internship already, kudos to you. It is not too late though to beat the street and work your network on and off campus to find a spring gig. Opportunities are still there. Check in with career services at your school, ask around to mentors and don’t ignore smaller local companies that could be a perfect fit for you.
If you don’t know where to begin, start by downloading my free Internship Manual Toolkit to get organized for your internship search.
Spring is when most companies kick their summer internship search into high gear. When you get back to campus, make it your business to get over to career services to do the following so that you can have a successful summer internship search:
- Check on the date of the spring career fair. If your campus doesn’t host a spring career fair, look at career fairs at other schools or within the community.
- Get your resume looked over. If you don’t have a resume, then you are behind the game. They can get you on the right track towards creating a good resume.
- Schedule a mock interview. Practice makes perfect. The more you interview the more comfortable you can become in that situation.
- Create a Linkedin profile. Companies looking for interns and full-time hires are using LinkedIn everyday to find candidates. Don’t be left out.
The internship search isn’t just about finding the right internship, but being able to get it because you are prepared! Don’t wait until March to start this process, get your resume, create your online profile and get to work.
Here are a few open internships with fast approaching deadlines to jump start your search. If you are unsure of the next step to take, here are 5 Ways to Find an Internship.
Latest posts by Sharise (see all)
- 3 Things That Internship Hiring Managers Love - February 14, 2018
- 4 Things to Do Three Months Before College Graduation - February 7, 2018
- Spend the Spring Setting Up a Successful Summer Internship - January 18, 2018